St. Ignatius College Preparatory is hiring for a full-time Director of Equity & Inclusion.
St. Ignatius is a Catholic, Jesuit coeducational school in San Francisco.
The Magis Center for Equity and Inclusion includes a Director, Associate Director, Alumni Volunteer, and administrative assistant. The Center is also supported by other members of the faculty and promotes equity and inclusion for our entire community. The Center serves all students with a specific focus on the success of first generation college bound students and students from low socio-economic backgrounds.
The Director is responsible for creating and shaping policies and structures that contribute to the mission of St. Ignatius, which calls for a “commitment to intellectual excellence, leadership, service, and justice.” Additionally, the Director contributes to building a school culture where all members are welcomed, respected, and embraced. The Director works in conjunction with other members of the Magis Center for Equity and Inclusion and collaborates with members of our community to support our students, faculty, staff, and families. The Director, as part of our Administrative Team, creates systems and programs to fulfill our mission and goals in the areas of student formation and support, curriculum development, hiring, supervision and evaluation, and admissions. The Director supervises the Office of Equity and Inclusion and reports to the Assistant Principal for Formation.
• Assist SI on issues of equity, inclusion, diversity, and culture
• Serve as moderator of the Unity Council
• Supervise Affinity Group Moderators and coordinate the efforts of Affinity Groups
• Provide social-cultural and academic support to ensure the success of students of color
Faculty, Staff and Administration
• Participating on the Senior Administrative team (“Small Staff”); this includes serving on the Principal Advisory Council, the Academic Council, and the Admissions Committee
• Support the Administration in faculty recruitment, interviewing, hiring, observation, evaluation, and retention
• Provide support to the Admissions Office in the recruitment of students from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds
• Collaborate with the Director of Professional Development to support faculty and staff in the area of culturally responsive teaching and curriculum development
• Provide social-cultural support and resources for faculty of color
• Lead Equity and Inclusion orientations for new faculty, staff, and administration
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal and Assistant Principal of Formation
• Provide support to parent groups
• Stimulate dialogue and growth through coordinating outside speakers, participation in the Jesuit Student Network (JSN) and affiliated meetings, and presence in equity and inclusion spaces locally and nationally
Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and references by February 1, 2018 to: http://www.siprep.org/page.cfm?p=5133
St. Ignatius College Prep Mission Statement
St. Ignatius College Preparatory is a Catholic, Jesuit school serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1855. Through a rigorous and integrated program of academic, spiritual, and co-curricular activities, St. Ignatius challenges its students to lead lives of faith, integrity, and compassion. Students are enriched by a diverse and loving Christian community and are called to become life-long learners who develop their individual talents for the greater glory of God. With a commitment to intellectual excellence, leadership, service, and justice, we strive to be men and women for and with others, responding courageously to the opportunities and challenges of our time.