Founded in 1873 by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, a teaching order from Germany, Notre Dame Preparatory School is one of Baltimore's oldest Catholic, college preparatory schools for girls. The school's original mission--to foster academic excellence, spiritual growth and practice of social justice in its students--has inspired more than 6,000 living alumnae and continues to inspire the approximately 800 girls currently enrolled in grades 6-12. Notre Dame Prep is located in Towson, Maryland, north of Baltimore City.
Where Girls Become Women Who Transform the World</h2>
Notre Dame Preparatory School educates and empowers girls to become women who transform the world. As a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls in grades 6 through 12, Notre Dame Prep inspires students to pursue academic excellence, spiritual growth and the practice of justice. Infused with the spirit of the School Sisters of Notre Dame and rooted in the teachings of the Catholic Church, the NDP community strives to answer God’s call “…to act justly, to love tenderly, and to walk humbly with God.” (Micah 6:8)
Towson, Maryland, on Hampton Lane between Providence and Dulaney Valley Roads; NDP moved from North Charles Street to its 60-acre Towson campus in 1960.
Approximately 830; on average 11% belong to ethnic groups other than Caucasian. Students come from nearly 70 different ZIP codes from Annapolis to Southern Pennsylvania.
$19,400 + fees and uniform
ACCREDITATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the State of Maryland; member of the Association of Independent Maryland Schools, National Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, Council for the Advancement of Support of Education, Independent School Management, National Association of Independent Schools, National Association of Secondary Schools, National Catholic Education Association.
• 2012 National Blue Ribbon School for Excellence
• 2012 University of Maryland Top Engineering Source School
• 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, & 2015 Baltimore Sun Top Workplace
• 2013 Headmistress Sister Patricia McCarron, SSND, Ph.D., named to Daily Record's "Circle of Excellence" for her three-time inclusion among Maryland's Top 100 Women
• 2014 Headmistress Sister Patricia McCarron, SSND, Ph.D., received the Educational Excellence Award for Secondary Education from the National Catholic Education Association