- A college preparatory independent day school.
- Enrollment of more than 565 boys and girls.
- PreSchool through Grade 12, from 75 communities and six foreign countries.
- Founded in 1912 by Dr. John Cushing.
- Accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Eighty-five full and part-time teachers.
- Three quarters of the faculty hold advanced degrees.
- Student/faculty ratio: 7 to 1.
- Average class size: 13.
- Lower School: PreSchool through Grade 6.
- Middle School: Grades 7 and 8.
- Upper School: Grades 9 through 12.
- Three-quarters of graduating seniors historically admitted to colleges ranked as "most competitive" or "highly competitive."
- Historically, 15 percent of our seniors receive recognition from the National Merit Scholarship Program.
- Seventy percent of our seniors enroll in AP classes each year.
- Ten percent of our graduating class historically competes at the collegiate Division I and Division III levels.
- Twelve acres located in Hamden, Conn., a residential community adjacent to New Haven.
- Eight major buildings including a science center, theater, and art studios including areas for ceramics, digital photography, and video production; three technology centers, library, and music suite with choral and instrumental practice rooms and classrooms.
- Thirty acre athletic complex one mile north of the main campus featuring multiple fields, six outdoor tennis courts and our new multi-sport artificial turf stadium.
- The Beckerman Athletic Center is a $12.5 million, 65,000-square-foot facility opened in December 2009. Includes natatorium, three basketball courts with an elevated jogging track, fitness center, multipurpose aerobics room, locker rooms, student lounge, and study center.
Special Programs and Resources
• After School Academy featuring Extended Day, Extended Courses, and Extended Activities during the after-school hours and non-school day coverage throughout the year and
summer for students in Grades PreSchool through Grade 8.
• Extensive enrichment and recreational programs for all grade levels to complement a state-of-the-art
athletic and recreation center.
• Over 50 varsity and sub-varsity offerings at the Middle and Upper School levels.
• Signature Programs include our Early Learning Reading Program, Mystic Seaport Partnership, Science, Innovation & Design Program, Princeton Peer Leadership Program, and Theatre Program.
• Fourth-, fifth-, and sixth-grade athletic teams.
• Outstanding fine arts facilities and programs for all grade levels.
• Broad selection of student clubs and activities, including numerous community service opportunities.
• Eight week comprehensive summer program.
• Transportation covering a 40-mile radius.