Prospect Hill Academy was founded in 1996 by a diverse group of community members with the ambitious mission to prepare each student for success in college, inspire a lifelong love of learning, and foster responsible citizenship. As a public school of choice, we proudly serve more than 1,100 students in grades Kindergarten through 12 on three campuses in Cambridge and Somerville, Massachusetts.Vision
Prospect Hill Academy Charter School aspires to be a culturally proficient community of learners where all members are engaged, feel inspired, and succeed. All PHA students, through developmentally-appropriate and research-based teaching and learning practices, will be equipped with knowledge, skills, and habits of mind necessary to succeed in college and at whichever career paths they choose to pursue.Beliefs and Values
At Prospect Hill Academy, the prevailing belief is that with hard work, effective effort, perseverance through adversity, committed teachers, and invested families, all students are capable of academic, intellectual, social, and moral excellence. Fueling this conviction are eight core values that guide the daily life and culture of the school.
- High Expectations: Each student can do and be whatever s/he wants.
- Equity: Access and opportunity drive achievement.
- Personalization: One size does not fit all.
- Cultural Proficiency: We see, honor, and embrace differences.
- Collaboration: Many minds are better than one.
- Balance: Both-and, not either-or.
- Inquiry: Decisions are strategic and informed by data.
- Accountability: If students fail, we all fail.
Prospect Hill Academy Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking to attract faculty members who reflect the rich diversity of our student population.