- Nonsectarian, independent girls’ college preparatory school for grades 6 through 12 with 214 students.
- First opened to students in 2000.
- Only girls’ independent school in metro Atlanta.
- All of AGS’ six graduating classes were admitted to four-year colleges, including admissions at over 200 different institutions. Of all applications submitted, over 70% were accepted.
- The school offers over 16 honors or AP courses in the Upper School, substantially more than many schools much larger.
- Students come from over 100 zip codes in the greater Atlanta area.
- Over 30% of our students receive financial aid and over 17% of our budget is committed to financial aid, higher percentages on these statistics than any other Atlanta independent school.
- One of the most diverse independent schools in the country; 46% of our students are girls of color.
- All students participate in our EDLS program – Education for the Development of Leadership and Service – which among other things promotes development of leadership, philanthropy and public service. All students have quarterly community service obligations.
- Nearly 80% of our students participate in sports.
- Girls participate in Winterim, a two-week course of study in January that emphasizes experiential learning for students to see the world and learn about their role in it.
- 9th graders travel to Costa Rica this year to learn the value of global community service and environmental stewardship.
- 11th graders travel to London to develop an appreciation for the origins of American government, literary and artistic traditions.