St. Martin's Episcopal School is a coeducational day school serving approximately 650 students from 3 years old through 8th grade. The school strives to accommodate children with varying backgrounds and is open to all qualified children without regard to race, color, creed or national origin. The cornerstone of St. Martin’s philosophy is expressed in the school motto, “Quality Education in a Loving Environment.”
St. Martin’s believes in:
- providing students with the opportunity to reach their highest potential of intellectual achievement, aesthetic appreciation and physical development.
- developing within each student spiritual growth based in the Christian tradition, moral standards, sound judgment in ethical decision-making and self-discipline.
- responsible stewardship, citizenship and community service.
- providing each student with experienced, dedicated teachers and administrators working together in an atmosphere of affection, trust and security.
- welcoming all students of diverse backgrounds.
3 outdoor spaces
1959: Founded as a pre-school
1983: Elementary School opens
1992: Middle School opens
1994: First class of 8th graders graduates
Early Childhood (3-year-olds – Pre-1st): 121
Elementary School (1st-5th grades): 317
Middle School (6th-8th grades): 197
Average class size, grades 2-5: 21
Average class size, grades 6-8: 17
Student: teacher ratio, Beginners – 1st grade: 9:1
Minority enrollment: 9%
Hours of Operation
3-year-olds and Pre-K: 7:45 a.m. – 12 noon
Optional Lunch Bunch: 12 noon - 1:30 p.m.
Kindergarten and Pre-1st: 7:45 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
1st – 8th grade: 7:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Wednesdays are late arrival days with classes starting at 9 a.m.
50 full-time teachers
21 part-time/assistant teachers
102 total staff
Blue, red and yellow