Poughkeepsie Day School
EMPLOYER PROFILE
____________________________________________________________________________
 
PDS at a Glance   

Date Founded: 1934  

Accreditation: Registered by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)  

Location: Town of Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County, New York; 75 miles north of New York City and 70 miles south of Albany  

Campus: Formerly owned by IBM, 35 wooded acres; two separate buildings with a total of 75,000 square feet. The contemporary, one-story Elizabeth C. Gilkeson Center was most recently renovated in 2008 with the addition of custom-built science laboratories and classroom and office space. It contains the 300-seat, James Earl Jones Theater, a recently renovated regulation-size gymnasium, a kitchen and dining room as well as classrooms and offices. The elegant four-story Mediterranean-style mansion, Kenyon House, built in 1913, once served as the retirement home, Cliffdale, of industrialist Clarence Kenyon. It also was renovated in 2008, with many of its common spaces brought back to the building's old-world charm. Adjacent to both buildings are athletic fields and various playground areas.  

Memberships: Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE); National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), National Association of College Admission Counseling (NACAC); Independent Curriculum Group (ICG) 

Enrollment: 300 students in pre-k through grade 12 from five counties in New York State—Dutchess, Ulster, Putnam, Orange and Columbia; 19% receive financial assistance; 25% are students of color  Alumni: Over 1,675 known, living alumni  

Annual Budget: $5.7 million; tuition income generates 91% of total school revenue; fundraising and other activities account for remaining 9%  Endowment/Investments: $4.4 million  

Faculty: 50 full- and part-time teachers recruited nationally  

Organization: Lower school (pre-k–grade 5); middle school (grades 6–8); high school (grades 9–12)  

Program: College preparatory Student-Teacher Ratio: 7:1
 
____________________________________________________________________________
 
COMPANY INFORMATION
Organization Name: Poughkeepsie Day School
Address 1: 260 Boardman Road
Address 2:
City, State, Zip: Poughkeepsie, New York  12603
 
Type: Private
Number of Students: 285
Lowest Grade: pre-k
Highest Grade: 12
 
CONTACT INFORMATION
To View you must be a registered member of Nemnet. Register Here
____________________________________________________________________________
 
View Current Openings
Employer Website
 
Home