The purpose of WVU’s Upward Bound program is to provide support to you as you complete high school and apply for college. In order to help you reach your individual goals, you must make a commitment to participate in Upward Bound programming. As an Upward Bound participant you will have the opportunity to:
<h2 style="font-size: 14px; color: #ff0000; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, 'sans serif'; ">Services Provided</h2>
- Participate in weekly tutoring and mentoring programs at your school.
- Attend monthly Saturday activities on WVU’s Morgantown campus. Transportation will be provided to and from your home high school.
- Attend field trips and cultural events or activities as planned.
- Visit college campuses across the region.
- Work with your Upward Bound counselor to reach your individual goals.
Academic tutoring in study skills, language arts, math, science and other subjects necessary for college admission and personal success at your high school:
- One-on-one academic and personal counseling
- SAT/ACT preparation
- College preparation
- Visitations to regional college campuses
- Assistance with application preparation
- Financial aid counseling
- FAFSA assistance
- Social and cultural activities
- Meet students from other schools
- Cultural dinners and performances
- Field trips
- Monthly activities on the campus of West Virginia University, transportation provided
- Summer residential program for upperclassmen
- Experience living away from home in the residence halls
- Unique classes and experiential learning activities
- Work-study opportunities to learn important job skills
- College credits for eligible seniors
- Earn up to $40 per month for attendance and participation
To view the latest copy of our UB Newsletter, Tutelage, please click here.
Family and friends: join our group on facebook to stay up-to-date on events, activities, and to see current photos. Search for WVU Upward Bound and send a request to join.