_<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td style="width: 606px; color: #7f7f7f; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: top;"><table style="width: 619px; height: 600px; background-color: transparent;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 20px; color: #666666; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: top;"> </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
Brebeuf Jesuit Quick Facts 2011-2012
Classification: Jesuit, Catholic
Motto: Men and Women for Others
The Graduate at Graduation: BJPS challenges students to achieve their full potential as well-rounded individuals who are: Open to Growth, Intellectually Competent, Religious, Loving and Committed to Justice.
Student/Teacher ratio: 12:1
Faculty Advanced Degrees: 76% of our faculty members hold master's degrees or beyond
Enrollment: 785 students; 51.2% male, 48.8% female
Student Ethnicity: 82% Caucasian; 18% students of color
Student Religious Background: 54% Catholic; 37% Protestant; 5% Jewish; 4% Other
Financial Aid: 25% of BJPS students will receive mission-based financial aid in 2011-2012
A Jesuit Education: BJPS is one of 59 Jesuit high schools in the United States; there are 462 Jesuit high schools in 70 countries around the world.
Class of 2015:
- Comprised of 181 students from 36 different sending schools
- 13.3% are legacy students – either one or both parents having graduated from Brebeuf
- Members of the Class of 2011 are attending 69 different colleges and universities.
- The Class of 2011 received scholarship offers totaling more than $18 million.
- Class of 2011 students are utilizing $5,619,344 in scholarships, averaging $28,817 per student.
- Each year Brebeuf Jesuit students complete upwards of 8,000 hours of community service selected from 60 agencies in the greater Indianapolis area.
- Band, Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble enrollments exceed 200 students for 2011-2012.
- Approximately 85% of Brebeuf students participate in athletics during their four years.
- The BJPS Conservation Club has collected 141.82 tons of paper since March 2006, saving 467.99 cubic yards of landfill space.
2010-2011 Financial Information:
- Total school operating budget is $12.3 million.
- 5.2% of the operating budget income is provided by the Annual Fund.
- 72% of the school budget is dedicated to faculty/staff salaries and benefits.
- Brebeuf's endowment totals $11.9 million as of the fiscal year end (6/30/2011).