Conserve School is a non-sectarian school aimed at students who feel a strong attachment to the natural world and who are motivated to conserve it. This semester-long immersion in environmental studies and outdoor activities deepens students’ love of nature, reinforces their commitment to conservation, and equips them to take meaningful action as environmental stewards.
The program interweaves college-preparatory academics with:
- the study of environmental history, nature literature, and the science of conservation,
- environmental service work,
- exploration of careers related to conservation,
- training in teamwork and leadership, and
- engagement with the outdoors.
Designed primarily for high school juniors, Conserve School incorporates the flexibility to accommodate advanced sophomores.
Conserve School students become part of a community that heightens their sense of identity and self-worth and imparts the confidence they need to go forward and make a difference, not only as stewards of the environment, but also as stewards of their own destinies.