Students: 524 Grades Served: 5 - 12
Faculty 55 Longer School Year: 190 Days
Staff 15 Longer School Day: 7:45 A.M.–4:10 P.M
* Rigorous college preparatory program for all students beginning in grade 5.
*After-school tutoring and enrichment opportunities at every grade level.
*Mandarin taught in grades 7-12 and required for graduation: China Exchange Program since 2002: 230 APR & 230 Beijing students have participated.
* 100% of 10th grade passed MCAS on the first try: 100% at Advanced & Proficient Level in ELA and 95% at Advanced and Proficient in math.
* Character education stands in partnership with academic excellence.
* Vision: All students fulfill their highest intellectual and social potential.
* Students primarily from Hyde Park, Roslindale, Dorchester, and Mattapan.
* In high school, a minimum of 75 hrs per summer required personal enrichment: pre-professional, academic or community service experiences outside of APR.
* Title I School: 55% of our families have self-identified low or poverty level incomes.
* Demographics: 60% African-American, 3% Asian, 21% Hispanic, and 16% White.
* Strong Professional Culture: collaboration and accountability embedded in teaching practices.
* Data-driven instruction is essential to our success.