Covenant Preparatory School opened in 2008 in order to meet the increasing need in the Hartford area for quality education for under-served families.The school partners with students, families, staff and volunteers to form a special pact, or covenant, to fulfill the mission of the school. Parents are required to be an active part of the school and the school is supported by a dedicated staff and a significant number of volunteers, including AmeriCorps teachers, experienced teacher-mentors, student mentors and corporate, community and education partners.
- Is a tuition-free, independent day school for boys grades 5 through 8;
- Has a maximum capacity of 60 students;
- Provides a challenging academic program in a supportive learning environment where motivated students are offered an intellectual, ethical, physical and cultural education;
- Strives to graduate young men who are academically and socially prepared for an outstanding high school education, inspired to lead their lives in the pursuit of excellence, who model leadership and integrity, and are committed to their communities;
- Requires that parents/guardians commit to be actively involved in the school and support their child’s academic experience
- An extended school day and year, including mandatory Summer Academy at Westminster School (July)
- Provides athletic and enrichment programming through partnerships with various area organizations
- Graduates attend a variety of secondary schools, including private or parochial schools such as Avon Old Farms, Berkshire School, Hotchkiss School, East Catholic High School, Kent School, Kingswood-Oxford, Loomis Chaffee, Marianapolis Prep, Marvelwood School, Northwest Catholic High School, Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall, St. Thomas More, Watkinson, and Westminster School.
- Covenant Preparatory School is an active member of the Natl. Association of Independent Schools, the Nativity Miguel Coalition, and the Association of Middle Level Education. The school anticipates its accreditation through the Connecticut Association of Independent School in the spring of 2017.