Athens Academy is a coeducational, independent, college preparatory day school that offers a traditional liberal arts curriculum and innovative approaches to teaching and learning. The school seeks students from diverse social, economic, religious, and racial backgrounds who can benefit from a challenging academic program.
Athens Academy faculty and staff members are dedicated professionals who are sensitive to the needs of individual students. Athens Academy is an educational community where the students, the school, and the parents are partners. The school shares with the family concern for the intellectual, moral, spiritual, emotional, and physical development of the child. In a safe and caring environment, Athens Academy values a spirit of cooperation and individual achievement.
The hallmark of Athens Academy is its quest for a high-quality educational and personal experience for each student.
- Independent, co-ed day school
- Accredited by SAIS-SACS
- 152-acre campus includes quality facilities
- 3-year-olds through 12th grade
- 936 students from 19 counties (see chart below)
- 18% minority enrollment
- Dedicated and highly qualified faculty
- Challenging college preparatory program
- Nationally recognized Advanced Placement program
- Average SAT scores above 1850
- All graduates accepted to college
- Foreign Language instruction in grades 1-12
- Art, music, and physical education instruction
- Innovative use of technology
- Performing arts program includes orchestra, band, and drama
- Competitive athletic program
- After-school programs
- Need-based financial aid available