Sandia Prep is an independent coeducational school with a college preparatory program for grades 6-12 on one campus. The joy of learning and living is at the center of all we do. We provide a well-balanced program where the school, as an extension of families, supports the quest for human excellence and individual growth.
Accreditation & Membership
Sandia Prep is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS) and the New Mexico Department of Education. Sandia Prep also is a member school of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
Sandia Prep admits students of any sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid programs or other school-administered programs.
Ten Things We Believe
- Educating is not a job; it is a calling.
- Education is about the students. Their needs always come first.
- The measure of our success is how we treat our most challenged student on his or her most challenging day.
- We approach our work with confidence, not arrogance. We offer no apologies and make no comparisons.
- Independence defines us as a school.
- The great challenge of teaching at Sandia Prep is to meet each student where he or she is as a learner.
- Teaching is not about us as faculty; we are senior partners — part of a team that includes students and parents.
- Sandia Prep faculty members teach young people; the subject matter is simply a tool.
- We must find ways to nurture and support students, colleagues and parents.
- Our goal is to teach students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners.