The Buckley School was founded in 1933 as an independent co-educational institution by Dr. Isabelle Buckley. Drawing on her experiences abroad where schools emphasized a well-rounded program, Dr. Buckley developed her own 4-Fold Plan of Education, focusing on academic training, physical development, moral education and creative expression. During the early years, campuses were located in L.A., Tarzana, Encino, and on Woodman Avenue and Riverside Avenue in Sherman Oaks. In 1964, Dr. Buckley purchased land that had been owned by the Glenaire Country Club and by 1973 was able to accommodate all divisions of the school on the new Stansbury Avenue campus in Sherman Oaks. Today, The Buckley School is a college preparatory day school, with students in kindergarten through grade twelve.
790 students total
Lower School: 257 students (kindergarten through grade five)
Middle School: 213 students (grades six through eight)
Upper School: 320 students (grades nine through twelve).
8:1Average Class Size
100 faculty members; 43 have Masters degrees; and 6 hold Doctoral degrees.