Blair Academy
EMPLOYER PROFILE
____________________________________________________________________________
 
Blair Facts

Enrollment
Total Enrollment (As of September 2010): 447 
  Boarding: 343 
  Day: 104

Boys: 249
  Boarding: 195
  Day: 54 
Girls: 198
  Boarding: 148
  Day: 50
Boy/Girl Ratio: 1.3:1

Number of Post Graduates (PG’s): 12
PG’s as a percentage of the Senior Class (136 Seniors): 9%

Geographics of Students
Countries Represented: 22 
Percent of of International Students: 16%
States Represented (including DC and Puerto Rico): 23

Tuition
Boarding: $47,600
Day: $33,800
Tuition covers approximately 73% of the expenses for a Blair education. The remaining 27% is provided through endowment income, the Blair Fund, and miscellaneous income.

Financial Aid
Total Amount of Financial Aid Awarded: $3,978,200
Total Number of Awards: 148 
Percent of Student Body Receiving Awards: 33%
Average Award: $27,248
  Boarding: $31,410
  Day: $19,590
Student Loan Program: $93,000
Number of Loan Recipients: 39

Faculty
Full-Time Teachers: 62 
Part-Time Teachers: 4 
   91% live on campus
   68% hold advanced degrees 
Instructional Support (Adjunct Faculty): 11 
Part-Time Faculty/Administrators: 0 
Administrators: 19

Student/Faculty Ratio: 7:1
Average Class Size: 11

Accreditation
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools

School Memberships
ADVIS — Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools
CASE — Council for Advancement and Support of Education
NAIS — National Association of Independent Schools

NJAIS — New Jersey Association of Independent Schools

Endowment 
Market Value as of June 30, 2011: $66,500,000

 
____________________________________________________________________________
 
COMPANY INFORMATION
Organization Name: Blair Academy
Address 1: P.O. Box 600
Address 2:
City, State, Zip: Blairstown, New Jersey  07825
 
Type: Private
Number of Students: 0
Lowest Grade:
Highest Grade:
 
CONTACT INFORMATION
To View you must be a registered member of Nemnet. Register Here
____________________________________________________________________________
 
View Current Openings
Employer Website
 
Home