The mission of the Center for Collaborative Education (CCE) is to transform schools to ensure that all students succeed. We believe that schools should prepare every student to achieve academically and make a positive contribution to a democratic society. CCE partners with public schools and districts to create and sustain effective and equitable schools.
We fulfill this mission in four primary ways:
- Building understanding with the larger public that innovative schools can increase opportunity and justice for every student.
- Creating effective models of urban education, district redesign, and leadership development.
- Providing onsite coaching, professional development, and networking opportunities for educators.
- Conducting research that documents school progress and student results.
Vision of Our Schools
The Center for Collaborative Education seeks to influence the larger public’s view on education to better support change that fosters democratic and equitable schools. CCE seeks to create autonomous and flexible schools in which:
- Equity and diversity are embedded in all practices,
- Teaching and learning are purposeful, challenging, and have value beyond school,
- Assessment demonstrates the competence of students in multiple ways,
- Students and teachers know each other well,
- Democratic values are nurtured and modeled,
- Decisions are made as close to the learner as possible, and
- Collaborative practices improve teaching and learning.